NAMING CONVENTION OF FILES
- Completed official online entry form and the $195 entry fee. You may submit a project in more than one category. However, a separate, completed entry form and entry fee are required for each project submitted. Fees are non-refundable and must accompany each project. Projects submitted in a previous year are ineligible.
- A minimum 450-word Word document with a description of the project including the property’s official and complete name, its location (city and country), opening date for newbuilds; date of completion for renovations and conversions; client company’s name and location, room count for hotels or total covers for restaurants and a brief summary of the principal features, i.e. design intent, challenges, resources and budget (if available) and which aspects of the project demonstrate excellence and thought leadership in the concept and execution.
- Floorplan of the property. File must be formatted as a tiff, jpeg or PDF. Max file size is 100 Mb.
- List of all firms involved in the design/installation of the project including but not limited to: the project owner or developer; operator; restaurant operator/chef; the architect of record; lighting designer; landscape designer/architect; purchasing agent; other interior design firms; including official and complete firm names and locations (city and country) for each and specifying which area of the project each firm designed. If multiple design firms participated in the project, ALL must be listed to ensure that the submission is eligible.
- Contact person for the interior designer, including email and direct phone number.
- Minimum of eight (8) high resolution, 8”x 10” (20 cm by 25 cm) at 300 dpi color photos of the interiors (with no people), with the project name and category included in the file name. Images that are not properly identified will not be considered. Each image should also have the name of the space—i.e, Hotel California Lobby. MAX FILE SIZE: 20MB for each image
- Only images formatted as jpegs or tiffs (300 dpi or higher resolution) will be considered. You will not be able to submit any other types of photo files.
Finalists will be required to submit a completed source list, detailed client information, photo release and design team listing within two weeks of notification.
NOTE: Guest room entry (single room) and Suite (room containing a sleeping area and a separate “living” area) must include a photograph of the bathroom; and Best Hotel Luxury, Upscale, Midscale, and Budget/Focused Service categories must include photographs of the exterior, public spaces including the reception, lobby/gathering spaces and food and beverage outlets (if applicable) as well as the guest rooms, suites, and guest bathrooms. Shots of spas, function spaces and specialty areas such as nightclubs and outdoor function spaces are also highly encouraged.
BEFORE YOU APPLY
- Be sure to prepare your 450-word project description (detailed requirements above) and have it ready in a .doc or Microsoft Word format for upload during the application process.
- Have your project shots (minimum of 8 required) ready to upload. You will also have the opportunity to include (2) additional shots – each file size 20MB.
- Prepare floorplan of the property. File must formatted as a tiff, jpeg or PDF. Max file size is 100 Mb.
- Be prepared with contact information from other interior design firm(s),, architecture firm(s), purchasing firm(s) and client(s).
*If you are selected as a 2018 finalist, the Gold Key team will follow-up with additional information in early September required for inclusion in Boutique Design magazine’s editorial coverage of the 2018 Gold Key Awards in its December 2018 edition.