Information for Press
We’re pleased to work with media representatives – before, during and after Boutique Design New York – providing information to meet your editorial needs and deadlines.
Press Releases and ImBDages
As press releases are emailed to the media, they will also appear on this website. If you need additional information, an interview with a trade fair spokesperson, or images, please contact Erin O’Brien.
Onsite Press Center
We maintain a fully-staffed Press Center during HX and BDNY, and look forward to welcoming you there. It will be your place to pick up exhibitor press kits, grab a refreshment, arrange interviews, check emails and more.
Register to Attend
Please note that press badges are NOT mailed in advance of the trade fair, and you must show current credentials in order to receive your press badge in the BDNY onsite Press Center, located on the 4A Terrace. REGISTER NOW
To ensure quality press coverage and representation on the trade fair floor, media representatives need current, official credentials to qualify as press for HMG-managed trade fairs. To be eligible for press badges, media representatives must present required credentials from an approved media outlet, as outlined below. HMG reserves the right to refuse anyone a press badge, at any time and for any purpose.
Who qualifies for a press badge at HMG-managed trade fairs?
- Editors, television and radio producers, and print/broadcast reporters from approved media outlets will receive editorial press badges.
- Publishers and advertising and sales representatives from approved media outlets will receive advertising press badges.
Who does NOT qualify for a press badge at HMG-managed trade fairs?
- Public relations representatives; marketing, creative services, circulation and other employees of magazines, newspapers and television stations; writers and publishers of personal or corporate newsletters; and family members of legitimate media are not eligible for press badges. Book authors eligibility will be determined on case-by-case basis.
In order to qualify for an editorial or advertising press badge, media representatives must present current press identification. This includes a business card (with individual’s name and title and the name of an approved media outlet) AND one of the following:
- The mastpage from an approved media outlet with individual’s name and title listed.
- A copy of or an internet link to a current by-lined article published in an approved media outlet within the past six months.
Freelance writers and photographers must present a letter of assignment from an approved publication to be granted a press badge. Freelance writers or columnists not on an assignment must provide a copy of an industry-relevant by-lined article, published within the past six months in an approved media outlet.
Electronic media representatives, including editors of websites, must present proof of an existing site with relevant editorial content and proof of circulation.
Public Relations representatives must register as “exhibitor personnel”, if their clients are confirmed participants in the tradeshow. A business card and proof of client relationship with exhibiting manufacturer will be required. Alternatively, Public Relations representatives also may register on-site for the tradeshow as a “trade guest”, with payment of any necessary fees.
Interested in a media partnership?
Contact Sandi Luppert at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We ask that you not bring friends or relatives with you to the Press Center.